Monday, December 24, 2007

It's the most...wonderful time of the year, cos we all had the same religion. You know what i am saying??

Early in the day on Christmas eve I went for my Industrial Attachment company's X'mas party. Kind of 'nostalgic' to be back to the place where I was formally 'employed' as an 'intern' 'engineer'.

First of all, I wasn't really quite nostalgic in the sense that I had only completed the internship 6 mths ago, and thoughout the last 6mths I was constantly updated about the status of the company. Dont' get me wrong, i wasn't a spy to the company, i was just curious about how a SME function and all the interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders both internal and external.

Secondly, I wasn't quite an intern. Let me quote the definition of an intern in the people's favourite free encyclopedia.

"An intern or stagiaire is one who works in a temporary position with an emphasis on on-the-job training rather than merely employment, making it similar to an apprenticeship" - People's favourite free encyclopedia

The operating words here are 'temporary position', 'on-the-job training' ( aka OJT) and 'apprenticeship'. Ok so apprenticeship may need another quote from a dictionary, but i guess you guys can check the meaning out. The first description is definitely right, but i am not sure about the second and third description. I wasnt on the job that needs much training, so there wasn't really training. As for apprenticeship, I wasnt much under the supervision of anybody...........ANYWAY, THIS WASNT THE MAIN TOPIC.

Phew...Ok, back to the main topic. ( Thank you ZX for the gift 'down the chimney'. Appreciated it.) Well, the main topic is actually,

Merry

Christmas to all of you out there.

Embrace in the new religion, that is, Capitalism.....

1 comment:

Miu's Story said...

really very hard to leave a comment though I truely understand what you are trying to express...